Saturday, September 30, 2006

Extra Credit Homework Assignment.

Now class, I know you are all anxiously awaiting the Traffic Study for the Ponte Vista at San Pedro development which is about to be released.

But may I suggest something I am going to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon after taking Cookie and Acacia for their walk. I am going to do a little homework.

It is something I should have done some time ago, being as I live so close to Western Avenue. But now I have to study up on the Western Avenue Task Force and it's findings and recommendations.

Here is the URL for the Adobe Acrobat .PDF. I hope you can find the link, but if not, just google: Western Avenue Task Force. Then click on the first site that is listed, and there you are.

www.palosverdes.com/rpv/publicworks/content/western.cfm

The read is 49 pages long. I intend on using a highlighter and making notes. I may publish my thoughts and pieces of the document, but I hope everyone interested in what may happen to Western Avenue will take the time I haven't as yet taken, and read the document for themselves.

I am almost dying to read how the Traffic Study for Ponte Vista compares with the Western Avenue Task Force document...or doesn't compare. I fear trust is still in short supply with this blogger.

Another shorter read, is on the subject of Border Issues relating to the borders of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes. I get to read up on that one too. With Ponte Vista proposed on the San Pedro side of Western and the possibility of affordable housing even being mentioned on the Rancho Palos Verdes side of Western, I think we all should be as well informed as possible. This document is only 20 pages long.

As soon as I hear where the October 12 committee meeting may be being moved to, I'll publish the location on this blog site.

Happy reading!

No comments: