Friday, October 30, 2009

Odds and Ends 141

Click on image to enlarge.

Anthony Misetich supported Bob Bisno's plans to build 2,300 condos at Ponte Vista at San Pedro.
I have edited the March, 2007 Ponte Vista Newsletter to illustrate Mr. Misetich's membership on one of Bob's Advisory Boards.
Should anyone wish to view an entire copy of the newsletter, please Email me and I will send out a .pdx of the newsletter.
No matter what reason Mr. Misetich uses now, his membership on an Advisory Board for Bob Bisno's project should tell you something about his real support for Rancho Palos Verdes residents.
Mr. Misetich obviously did not take the time to interview Rancho Palos Verdes residents like I did to try and determine their thoughts and feelings concerning building a massive housing project right across the street from R.P.V.
Mr. Misetich may continue to claim that he was only supporting the plans so that senior housing could be built there.
There are two problems with that claim.
First, in my interviews with many seniors who live higher on The Hill, they all indicated to me they knew of no interest in living in senior housing in San Pedro, no matter where it was or what it looked like.
I interviewed several prominent seniors who live on The Hill and I could find none of them, or their friends who told me there was any interest in moving into Ponte Vista's senior housing.
So it seems that the seniors that Mr. Misetich wanted senior housing for, don't live in Rancho Palos Verdes, the city he wishes to represent.
Secondly, I support SOME senior housing at Ponte Vista. But nowhere near the number of units Mr. Misetich and Bob Bisno wanted.
I can support any number of units of senior housing as long as they are part of a total number of 831-units.
The Gardens has 1100 units on 80 acres. Ponte Vista's 61.53 would allow for an equivalent housing density of no more than 831. How is that not reasonable?
But supporting the number of senior units Bob wanted meant that far too many units would have needed to be built and that was just plain wrong!
I have a more detailed post at: www.eastrpv.blogspot.com with information also about a possibly deceptive mailer Mr. Misetich helped pay for.
___________________________________________
The L.A.P.D. used the abandoned housing at Ponte Vista for training this week. That is a good thing and we all need to continue to be nice to Ted and the Outreach Team for allowing first responders training areas that are more realistic than other places to train.
___________________________________________
I haven't taken the opportunity to visit the Outreach Team's offices to see if and who is still around during this downtime in the project.
___________________________________________
It appears that on November 11, there will be another status report to the Los Angeles Planning Commission concerning Ponte Vista at San Pedro.
In the past I have tried to get more information prior to the reporting out, but I think the project is still pretty much on hold and I haven't heard if there is anything really new to report.
If I find out something in the next few days, I will write.
__________________________________________

No comments: