Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Question, Two Views

I wish I could remember who asked me one simple question last week.

The wonderful questioner asked, "Why aren't there any photos of Ponte Vista seen from higher overhead?"

There are several answers to that question, and I think I have to blame myself for not doing what I have done, sooner.

Below are two "Google Earth" illustrations with a conceptual illustration of Bob's current plans for Ponte Vista at San Pedro "Photoshopped" into the illustrations.

Before anyone even attempts to suggest that the conceptual illustrations of Ponte Vista are larger in proportion to the rest of the illustrations, I suggest they look very closely at the photos to learn that I made the Ponte Vista illustration just very slightly smaller than what fits into the boundary lines.

Ponte Vista at San Pedro is illustrated in the two depictions as a light green/yellow/drawing just above the center portion of both photos.

If you look closely you can see the "6 acre" park that Bob has stated he will include in the project, on the southern side of the Ponte Vista view. It is a little arc of light green.

Click over illustration to enlarge.
Just to the south of the Ponte Vista site, you should be able to see The Gardens.

While The Gardens look quite similar in size to Ponte Vista, you should know that Bob's current plans for Ponte Vista suggest that the number of residents at Ponte Vista will be approximately three times the number of residents living at The Gardens.

Perhaps the folks who are members of the Ponte Vista Outreach Team don't want to have anyone view Ponte Vista within a larger view of parts of San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Harbor City, and Lomita.

I did not include any illustration of the new Mary Star of the Sea High School campus which is now open just to the east of the Ponte Vista site. I thought that having two illustrations might have some feel that the Mary Star site was somehow part of the Ponte Vista site, which it is not.

No comments: