Friday, October 03, 2008

Odds and Ends 85

A Web site affiliated with support for Bob's plans at Ponte Vista still contains wording and a photo attempting to state that ILWU Local 13 supports Bob's plans.

There is a fellow identified as "Dave" on the site and in the body of a post, it states that the Union supports Bob's Ponte Vista.

I guess the Web master or Web mistress is not yet willing or able to remove something that is simply untrue, on that site.

I don't think I need to post the letter from the ILWU again, illustrating that the Union does not support Bob's plans for Ponte Vista.
_____________________________________________

Our Marie Callender's remains temporarily closed while it is undergoing renovation.
_____________________________________________

I have been out of the informational loop lately concerning Ponte Vista issues but I am getting back on track.
_____________________________________________

This post is number 602 since I started this blog in September, 2006.

Thank you to the many thousands of visitors to this blog.
_____________________________________________

Unless something radical happens next week, I will be 'separated' from AT&T.

Since I became restricted from climbing poles and AT&T failed to find me a position during a job search period, it looks like I will find myself dealing with retirement from the companies that finally became AT&T, after almost 28 years of employment.

Maybe I'll have even more time to deal with Ponte Vista, but I hope to find a real job sooner than later.

Perhaps I may start a book about my experiences working in some amazing places and being close to so many 'celebrities', business people and environments, heads of states, and many of the places I worked at.
_____________________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mark,

do you know when san pedro will be upgraded to fiber optic lines? i mean AT&T's network.

M Richards said...

Good Question.

I have been on short-term disability then fully mazimized disability since Spring, 2007 so I haven't been privy to news from the company.

"U-Verse" is the AT&T product that will bring fiber to a neighborhood box, then copper to the residence or business.

"fios" is the Verizon product that brings fiber to the premise.

"U-Verse" is coming out and getting towards the area, but it isn't here yet and the fellow I talked to while he was working at a green neighborhood box, said he didn't know when "U-Verse" would be coming to our neighborhoods.
MW