Monday, March 08, 2010

New News That Has Some Old News In It

I receive daily Google Alerts associated with the key words "Ponte Vista".
Here is a short exerpt from an article written by David Zahniser and Maeve Reston.

Automatic 'yes' votes allow time for back-room dealing at City Hall

Thanks to voting software, City Council members can hold meetings, give interviews, even grab a smoke while deciding the day's issues.

By David Zahniser and Maeve Reston
March 8, 2010 | 5:37 p.m.

Here is the portion of the article that caught my eye.

"* On Nov. 24, the official record showed Councilwoman Janice Hahn casting a vote in favor of a new Villaraigosa appointee to deal with issues facing the city's disabled residents. In fact, she was in a private room at the time with lobbyist Ben Reznik discussing Ponte Vista, a proposed housing development in San Pedro."

Here is the URL for the law firm Mr. Reznik is a partner in.

http://www.jmbm.com/Lawyers/BenjaminReznik

There are a few titles I looked at on the homepage of the site that also caught my eye, but I haven't taken the time to read learn more about them.

There is also an old rumor floating aroung (at least two months now) that I haven't been able to confirm so I am not going to give it any interest other than trying to check it out. If it is confirmed or rebuked by a responsible person, I will write about it on this blog.

No comments: