Friday, March 12, 2010

Odds and Ends 159

This little bit of reporting appeared in The Daily Breeze.
Commercial burglary. Ponte Vista, 11:45 a.m. March 4, 27500 block of John Montgomery Drive. Someone forced entry into the location and took unspecified property.
_______________________________________________________________
My attention this past week, has been stolen by the newest news concerning Marymount College's expansion plans.
A proposed ballot measure that could be voted on by registered voters in Rancho Palos Verdes "the city will be spending a lot of taxpayer money dealing with this matter" according to a top elected official in Rancho Palos Verdes Government.
Oh goody.
______________________________________________________________
I got a short and small chuckle driving past the new Denny's and Asaka Grill. Both of them now have some stone facing work on their respective buildings. Coincidence, I think not.
______________________________________________________________
I offered a slightly errant number of weekday trips that a fully completed Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project would have along Western Avenue between Trudie/Capitol and Palos Verdes Drive North.
I stated 1,563 weekday trips, with 40% of those trips passing along Western in that area.
The correct number begins at 1,561.
But then again I failed to mention the 40% of the 1,478 daily vehicle trips, on Saturdays, the completed Project is expected to generate.
_____________________________________________________________
I wish someone from the Ponte Vista organization would offer me and others some new information about what is the current status of the project, at this time.
I think I have protected sources pretty well, when they wish to not be identified and I have tried my best to be accurate when a source wishes to be identified.
Is no news good news? As long as folks don't care what the news is, it is probably acceptable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your site. It has more information about local issues and businesses than I see anywhere else. Thanks!

Debbie Branch

Anonymous said...

dear debbie:

pontevista.blogspot is indeed perhaps the best news source for the east side of palos verdes and san pedro, more so than the daily breeze, random lengths, or the pv news.