Friday, April 09, 2010

Odds and Ends 163

Lakeshore Homes is now in its selling stage. This is the condo project at Five Points.
I noticed one unit had blinds on its windows and a second condo had 'SOLD' signs in several of its windows.
____________________________________________
I have known about iStar Financial's reentering into the Ponte Vista at San Pedro Project for several months. I had been keeping that information on the 'down low' because of the rumor I have heard about how many units iStar Financial may try to seek.
I won't publish the contents of that rumor and I hope it remains a rumor and never is realized.
____________________________________________
We are two-0pen, three to go on the five eateries that are along Western Avenue between The Terraces and Summerland.
I don't have any new information about Asaka Grill, Amalfitano's Bakery, and Pavich's Brick Oven Pizza.
I do know that the pizza at Pavich's other shop is outstanding, ethnic, and a real joy to learn about.
If Amalfitano's is anything like its 'older' self-Ramona's Bakery, that will continue an institution of excellence that we have loved for decades.
___________________________________________
On behalf of every Rancho Palos Verdes resident, I apologize that it was probably in the Conditional Use Permit of Denny's to not be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I think if R.P.V. and especially Eastview voters had been polled or got to vote, we all would have welcomed an "Always Open" Denny's.
I apologize that I didn't make myself better informed about the issue and I should have, would have, could have, done more to seek more hours for Denny's.
__________________________________________
Please do not sign the petition seeking qualification of a November ballot measure dealing with The Marymount Plan.
The Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project has 11 of 12 issues voted on and approved and there will probably be agreement about the 12th issue, where the soccer field will be placed, on or before May 4.
That would still leave just one piece different between the Project and the Plan. And when you watch the T.V. commercials, get greeted by petition signature gatherers, receive mailings every few days, please realize it is ALL ONLY about ONE THING DIFFERENT and that is on-campus housing, which Marymount REMOVED from consideration in the Project.
__________________________________________

No comments: