Friday, April 02, 2010

Saladish is OPEN!

Click over image to enlarge.
Click over image to enlarge.
Saladish, one of the eateries I have been writing about has actually been open for "a few weeks" according to Ms. Jee Lee, one of the owners.
Ms. Lee said that currently, the restaurant is open from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM seven days a week and their Grand Opening is set for April 10, 2010.
Terri and I dined at a counter that looks like half a log. It is suspended from the ceiling and I think a group of mates could have some real fun chasing their salads and wraps as they make the counter swing from side to side.
Terri had the Thai Chicken Wrap and I had the Oriental Chicken Salad. Both of us agreed that they were huge portions.
Terri like less spicy Thai Chicken salads or wraps than the one found at Saladish.
I enjoyed my salad that included peanuts, carrots and didn't have too much dressing on it.
I bought one piece of Garlic Bread to try it out. Terri usually finds the Garlic Bread at Niccolo's to be her favorite. Tonight she shared mine and she told me she prefers the Garlic Bread from Saladish now more that the great bread at Niccolo's.
The most expensive single salad at Saladish is called "The Farm" and it is $8.75. If it is anything like the size of the salad I enjoyed, it is probably just as large.
Individual vegetarian and proteins can be added but there is not a whole lot of meat available other than a few pork-based items and, of course, chicken. The Turkey, Bacon, Avocado salad or wrap contains turkey and that wasn't hard to guess.
My first impressions of Saladish is that is offers tasty food that I can afford. The interior seating could be enlarged to include more tables and I don't know how long the swaying log is going to last. It is a fun thing to play on, but it may not be the most popular thing to eat on.
The staff is friendly and the meals are prepared in a clean environment and mixed individually for each customer.
There is no letter grade posted on the door yet. When the space was occupied by Nona's Kitchen, the highest letter that restaurant could get was a "B" because of venting issues that Mrs. Palazzolo had with her ovens not venting directly up and out of her kitchen. I don't know if that will still be an issue.
So between all five eateries I have been writing about for several months, Saladish was the first to open its doors and I hope their doors remain open for a long time to come.
Saladish is located at 28901 S. Western Avenue in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Their phone number is 310-521-0030.
Their fax number for ordering is 310-521-0324.
Saladish is located on the lowest level of The Terraces shopping center.


No comments: