Friday, December 28, 2007

Odds and Ends 45

2008 may actually get pretty interesting in the early months. We all should be looking for what the Ponte Vista Outreach Team is going forward with. Those folks have a much tougher job than I do, with their attempts to get more folks to support Bob's current plans.
______________________________________________________

A couple of months ago, my sister was called for a telephone survey which finally got around to being a push poll for Ponte Vista.

I haven't seen or heard any of the results of that telephone survey. Does anyone know the results of that survey? I have talked to a couple of the members of the press, but I have not read anything in The Daily Breeze, Random Lengths News, or the Palos Verdes Peninsula News about any recent survey.

I would imagine if there truly are lots and lots of members of OUR community that support Bob's current plans, the Outreach Team would be very happy to share all of their "good" news with the rest of us. Unless, of course, the telephone survey did not provide the results Bob and his Outreach Team were looking for.

As you may remember from an earlier post, my sister had to correct the person on the other end of the line about the fact that the project is not "Point Vista" as the caller originally claimed the project's name to be. My sister also corrected the caller when the caller pronounced the town's name as "San "Paydro".
____________________________________________________

Each year I try and follow the New Year's Resolutions I have made. To date, I have kept almost all of the resolutions I make, each and every year.

While I did not come up with many of these resolutions myself, I have found that changing the wording a bit helps to keep the resolutions fresh.

I also encourage anyone interested, to also adopt some of the resolutions I have used from other sources. If folks feel they need to have New Year's Resolutions, here are some you may want to use:

In 2008, I resolve to avoid driving a leather-covered bulldozer.

In 2008, I resolve to, once again, keep away from any spring wardrobe that uses chicken wire.

In 2008, I can have as many pairs of socks as I wish, all the while avoiding the purchase or wearing of any mink socks.

In 2008, I will try and be a nicer person.

In 2008, I resolve no keep out of my music collection, any Christmas albums featuring Frank Zappa and Marilyn Manson as a duet.

In 2008, I will continue to give up attempting to smoke cigarettes.

In 2008, I will do my best to keep at least 5 of my New Year's Resolutions.
____________________________________________________

I don't like using foul words on this blog, but I am going to allow one foul word to be typed because it may give you a year-end chuckle and it, kind of, demonstrates what 2007 has been like for me, personally.

My dad died on October 13, 2007. On October 11, he spoke the last words I ever heard him say.

Dad was given lots of morphine towards the end, and those of you who have taken morphine, Oxycontin, or codeine know that bodies have trouble, sometimes, with one particular function.

When I visited my dad on October 11, he needed a particular treatment. I had been talking with him a bit between the times he would be asleep and the times he commented about needing this particular treatment.

When the nurse and the nurse's aide came into his room to give him that particular treatment, I decided that my visit with my dad would only get worse, so I told him I would leave so he could get the particular treatment. Dad acknowledged my leaving as the nurse was about ready to question my dad.

As the nurse was pulling the drapes to give my dad this particular treatment, she asked him:
"Mr. Wells, where does it hurt?"

The last words I ever heard my dad say and the words that will go with me for the rest of my life, were these:

"My asshole!"
________________________________________________________

Happy New Year and have a safe and wonderful 2008!

No comments: