Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Sad Closing and a Big Opening

In The Daily Breeze today, there appeared and article on the closing of Ramona's Bakery.

For generation after generation, San Pedrans looked to that wonderful bakery to supply their party occasions, their holiday bakery needs, and for some, their daily baked goods needs.

It is so sad to see this landmark in OUR community now closed.

Let us hope that Polly Ann's bakery allows everyone the chance to continue having a great local bakery, with so much good baked items, to enjoy, for years and years to come.
________________________________________________________

Thursday March 6, 2008 at 8:00 AM is the Grand Opening time for Marshall's on the upper level of The Terraces.

I have tried to warn everyone about the traffic that will come from this store's opening. I won't bother to warn you further. If you haven't gotten it by now, then there is no hope.

On Thursday, I'll be out there with my camera at various times during the day to take shots of the parking lot and Western Avenue.

With the early opening time, I bet lots of parents will drop their kids off at school and then head for The Hill and take a gander at what is inside the store.

A sign on the front of the new store states that Marshall's will have a "shoe megastore" inside it.
Terri has already quizzed me whether I want another pair of shoes. I continue to suggest that we both walk or hobble to the site, but I still can't say for sure that Terri won't help to clog up traffic with one more car.

I feel more sad about Ramona's closing than happy Marshall's is opening.
_________________________________________________________

Still no official word yet on what the Planning Department is going to tell Bob what they feel he could build at Ponte Vista.

Also, I am still working on finding confirmation as to whether Bob's house in Beverly Park North was sold at the foreclosure sale, scheduled for last Friday, February 29, 2008.

No comments: