Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mixed Signals about SRHS 15

Early this morning I stopped by Albertson's to get some hot chocolate on my way to P.T. I met Dr. Vladovich who was also visiting the Starbucks in the store and I took the opportunity to ask him about SRHS 14 and SRHS 15. His answers are found in a post just after this post.

Dr. Vladovich said that there would probably be a new bond measure needing approval to build SRHS 14 and SRHS 15, because the funding that has been approved so far only allows for new school construction to ease over crowding of year round schools.

So there I was, fat, dumb, and happy that we wouldn't have to worry about these two schools in the near future.

Later on the very same day, well just around 11:00 PM, I opened my mail to find this announcement of a community meeting for SRHS 15.


Who is correct? I don't know. I would imagine if there is no money for a school, the Facilities Division and their Community Outreach Department would not be having a meeting concerning SRHS 15, but stranger things have happened.

One thing that does give me a chuckle is that it appears that someone in the Community Outreach Department thinks there are three L.A.U.S.D. schools in Rancho Palos Verdes, instead of just Crestwood and Dodson. Thank you very much, Community Outreach, but we don't think we would like a L.A.U.S.D. high school in 90275.

I certainly don't mind if folks think "San Pedro" has a 90275 zip code. In many of our hearts we are always going to be "San Pedrans" even though we live in Rancho Palos Verdes.

December 10 will find some of us dealing with the SRHS 15 issue and others of us at the Traffic Safety Commission hearing on the Marymount College Expansion project.

My two cents about SRHS 15 includes how and where would the access to the school be if it was actually built where it was invisioned on May 15, 2007?

No comments: