Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Posting Contribution

This post is a contribution from Ms. April Sandell.

This contribution is a Letter to the Editor of the Los Angeles Times, concerning a January, 2006 piece on the appointment of Ms. Gail Goldberg to be the Director of the Los Angeles City Planning Department.

"To the Editor,

When the Times opined about the new L.A. Planning Director, Gail Goldberg....my immediate reactions was "Huh"?

Can the Times be so ignorant about "Smart Growth" planning and New Urbanism agendas' in Los Angeles and other areas? Of course not. So, I read on and realized the appointment of the new planning director was a means to tell your readers about population growth and the need to throw existing zoning out the window (preferrable a broken window in a blighted building) to make way for mixed use zoning allowing for massive full service "villages" to be built in neighborhoods where possible.

Boy, you really got me thinking about how I need to compromise some quality of life issues I now enjoy, in order to make room for others!

Yours truly,

April L. Sandell"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nooooo! Run for your lives, everybody! The evil Smart Growth people are going to force us all at gunpoint to live in attractive, walkable, sustainable neighborhoods and destroy our God given right to live in wasteful suburban sprawl! I don't know about you, but I'm heading for the hills...just as soon as I can put gas in the Hummer...