Monday, June 18, 2007

A Final Post on This Very Busy Tuesday

I am writing this post on Tuesday 6-19-07 at about 8:50 PM, even though the timestamp shows otherwise. Today was a very busy day for a whole lot of folks, including me.

I had what turned out to be a very enjoyable day for me and I capped it off with by going to a forum for candidates to the Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council's upcoming election on June 25.

Today saw many uses of the Internet, blogging, Emailing, article writing, and writing other thoughts and issues concerning Ponte Vista. I learned that Bob's new plan was dead on arrival in just about every one's opinion, even some supporters. Hearing and reading from many comments was very informative as to just how many people, with so many different opinions, all now feel that Bob's new plan was probably the worst thing he could have possible come up with.

I couldn't find one person who supported Bob's new plan and I looked hard to find at least one. None of the candidates at the forum for Northwest liked his new plan, even the ones put up by Joe Gatlin.

Did Bob's new plan rile you enough to finally get you more active in seeking what you really want to see at Ponte Vista? Are you willing to step up your efforts at snail mail writing, Emailing and calling Janice Hahn and others with your thoughts? Are you willing to now become more active in the R1 movement by spending some time helping that group achieve its primary goal? Might you now consider some type of alternative group participation other than supporting Bisno or the R1 group?

Getting very active right now might cement what may really happen at Ponte Vista. Your input is needed now more than ever and your efforts are required if you want what you want to be built or kept at the site.

At the forum for candidates for the Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council, I found one individual who I want to write about and give my personal endorsement to, at this time.

I will be posting recommendations for seats that come from R Neighborhoods Are 1, as information in an upcoming post, but there is one seat that deserves my attention and concerns me on a personal level.

I think there are two candidates running for a seat in census tract 2963. The two candidates are the incumbent, Dan Dixon, and the challenger David Stanovich.

These two names are important to know and both of them have provided many hours of volunteer work for OUR community. Both gentlemen want the best for OUR community in their own ways, but only one of them can have the seat for the next two years.

Mr. Dixon has been on the Neighborhood Council and also is a member of Janice Hahn's Community Advisory Committee for the Ponte Vista project. Mr. Dixon has worked hard on the Kinder Morgan issues and the reuse of that property.

David Stanovich is the President of Eastview Little League. I must state again that I have a certain bias towards Eastview as a former player (1964), but I have also raised questions about their strategies lately. Mr. Stanovich is passionate about aiding the youth of OUR community.

David Stanovich said during the forum that he is "pro R1" for Ponte Vista, but he would like to see some Senior Housing units and he may want to look at a much lower density project on the site, at some future date.

I am having continuing struggles with Mr. Dixon's views on the Ponte Vista issues. I feel he is not serving his Neighborhood Council with his current position on the Ponte Vista matters. He continues to not be a strong supporter of R1, and I think Mr. Stanovich leans more towards what I would prefer to see at the site, at this time.

Mr. Dixon has served the Neighborhood Council very well, up until his "waffling" on the Ponte Vista matter. He has donated time and efforts in service, but I feel there needs to be a change of seat in the 2963 census tract.

David Stanovich does carry some heavy baggage in this community with his interest in Eastview. he did state that he state tonight, concerning both Eastview Little League and the Dog Park that "both can exist in their own place. He doesn't seem to be too happy having to have the dog park moved, but he never said tonight what other candidates said when they stated "kids come first." I liked hearing from Mr. Stanovich even with his lofty position at Eastview Little League that he favors having a dog park someplace. He even said that one proposal was to have one field for Eastview on Knoll Hill temporarily and sharing the top of the hill with the dog park, while having a second Eastview field in another location.

I know perfectly well that Eastview Little League is a private business and needs to work harder at finding its own solution to their problems. I don't favor providing public spaces for private groups without compensation.

But for now, it is my personal endorsement to hope that voters find favor in electing Mr. David Stanovich to replace Mr. Dan Dixon on the census tract 2963 seat of the Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood council.

There are two other candidates I think you should also vote for, but I will cover more about them in a future post.

Ray Patricio needs to be reelected in census tract 2964. I'll provide lots of reasons later.

Craig Goldfarb is seeking a "business" seat on the Council. I feel very strongly that he deserves election to that seat, but I will write more about him in the future.

Was today a long day for you, too? We finally got our master bedroom re carpeted after a four-month wait filled with fiascoes and many problems. Now we are waiting on new curtain rods to hold up very heavy new curtains.

Good night.

No comments: