Friday, June 08, 2007

Someone Told Me to Look

For only the third time since last Friday, have I ventured to look on that other blog. It takes someone other than me to inform me that I should probably take a look at that other blog.

O.K., I did and found a post by an expert in everything, it seems, to that particular blogger.

For sheer comedy's sake I am going to copy the post and make my own comments throughout to see what happens.

Please don't be too enraged at that other, for to realize he/she/they are cowards from the word go by not revealing their true identity. I wonder what real experts in the fields the other entity seems to claim to be an expert in, would write about the other blogger?
______________________________________________

Mark Wells needs a reality check.

He is bordering on paranoid schizophrenia. Posting up that emails should not be opened from an entire list of people who have done nothing other than disagree with his opinions.

I did not know that the other was not only a medical doctor, but also specialized in Psychiatry.
Oh, did you see the word "should"? Should does not mean must.

When Mr. Wells was the subject of Gordon Teuber's and Victor Griego's requests to stop blogging while he was on the CAC, he screamed about the First Amendment. Yet when someone disagrees with him he goes off the deep-end. He claims to not censor his blog, but isn't instilling fear in people with false allegations and telling them to not open emails just another form of censorship?

"Screamed"? Have you read any of that other blog where the blogger displayed names and Email addresses suspecting that all those folks demanded R1, when there are names listed that actually either want some kind of compromise, but may have not even signed the R1 petition. I guess "facts" don't matter to the other one or ones.

I did not "scream" at anyone and the other knows that.

It also appears by the other's reference to the First Amendment, the other is also a lawyer specializing in Constitutional Law. Of course I can't seem to believe that by the over-use of moderation (censorship) on the other's blog.

I NEVER stated ANYWHERE that the other's publication of names and Email addresses was in violation of any law. Unfortunately the other can't seem to deal with anyone else stating the truth about anything the other disagrees with.

Because the other seems to post "The Truth" in all posts, all the time, and keeps that blog squarely under the tight control, then we also seem to be near a Professor of every single subject. There should be not questioning of anything on the other's blog, because the other seems to know everything about everything.

If the other knows everything about everything, except their true identity, it seems to me that the other might be closer to the Bisno staff and associates than I am.

I didn't know I "instill fear" in anyone other that the other. Perhaps when I go off the "deep end", I "instill fear" from the splash of my big belly's flop into the pool. I'm not a thin fellow.

Mark Wells is all over the map. All you have to do is read his blog and see the lack of any coherent structure or direction. He just loves to see his own words in print. And he loves the notoriety my calling him out brings.

It now appears that the other is an expert in cartogrophy, and an English Professor as well.

While I will always be appreciative of the over 9,000 visits, so far, to this blog, I realize there are just a few folks who regularly visit this blog. If I have provided information folks can use, then I am happy. The other was so enraged by this blog, that another blog was created that spends a more than abundant space, in my opinion, attacking me. Perhaps the other is scared that either I may be more correct, or that my blog actually provides more accurate information and a freedom of expression that is certainly not found on that other's blog.

But the truth is, the R-1 gang is attempting to hijack any type of rational discussion about the future of our community. (That's OUR, as in San Pedrans; not wannabees from RPV). They go from one hot-button issue to the next, switching topics quickly so they can't get trapped into having to produce actual supportive evidence for their position.

Having spent the first 21 of my 52 years living in the 90732 zip code, it really shouldn't matter where I live. If this other's post can't understand that OUR community encompasses many areas outside the city limits of San Pedro, then that is sad. If the other claims that only San Pedrans engage in debate, then nobody born at the big Hospital on 7th. Street would qualify for this debate, because that hospital is not "in San Pedro" and never was, according to the records for the County of Los Angeles.

Thank you for point out that I have a diversity of topics and issues. You have manifested one of my primary goals to cover "all aspects of the Ponte Vista issue."

They tried to attack Ponte Vista on traffic. Then when their own traffic engineer, Chuck Thompson of Priority Engineering, confirmed Bisno's methodology they had to change topics. So they tried their hand at student generation. Oops, the Planning Department cut them off there, saying it was up to LAUSD to determine the validity of the student generation numbers. Not one word from LAUSD.

Again the other fails to mention or include anywhere the other can, that the summary and recommendations made by Mr. Thompson don't seem to be relevant to the other. Maybe it is because they go well beyond what the mitigation in the DEIR were. But hey, why mention the whole facts when only one sentence is enough, other one(s)?

Hmmm... So what can they think of next? Oh, I know, all these brand new units will turn into rentals. It will turn the neighborhood into a "slum like Scottsdale Estates up in Carson". How elitist is that?

I am sorry the other can't seem to read. There is nothing in print where I suggest that "all" of anything would become rentals. As far as elitist, I bet if we look at the addresses of all the members of Bob's Advisory Boards, we will find many, probably the majority of those members living in single-family housing, most probably on R1 lots. Since the other only published the names and Email addresses of some R1 supporters, would the other be brave enough to Email me the addresses of the members of the Boards so I can check this out for myself and report back the true facts to everyone?

Folks, don't hold your breath on that ever happening. Also don't hold your breath on the other actually doing what the other promised to do, once the CAC has ended. If the other doesn't have the guts to tell us all who he/she/they are, then why would we expect to have any promises kept?


But see it doesn't matter to Mark or the rest of the R-1 gang. They just want to get everyone upset. There are a very small number of them who are playing Chicken Little, and unfortunately some people are being fooled. Once the details are known with empirical data to back them up, the R-1 gang's issues just fade away like the bad dream they are. The sky is not really falling, and the imaginative, exaggerated "problems" being hysterically shouted out won't materialize either.

Back to name calling, it looks like. I have no idea why the other would call anyone "Chicken Little" when they won't even have the strength, intestinal fortitude, or intelligence to inform all of us the true identity?

I have not made comment on the other's blog for over a week now and I have only visited it on three occasions as I have written earlier. Every time the other mentions me or this blog, at least two things happen: I get more visits to this blog, and the R1 groups gets more signatures on their R1 petitions. The second point has been proven by the number of folks who have told petition gatherers that they are sick of that other blog for more reasons then the constant (it seems) attacks on me and this blog.

Councilwoman Hahn, please don't be fooled by these Chicken Littles.
Posted by Tom at 2:02 PM

O.K., so not only is the other calling me a name, he is also stating that everyone supporting R1 is also a name. How intelligent is that? I have a hard enough time having so many people trying to get me to find out the true identity of the other without the other giving me more ammunition and even more folks questioning me about who the other actually is.

I don't feel identifying anyone as "the other" or "the others is derogatory in any way. I am not calling names like the other used in this blog.

I truly believe the other is writing scared and not prepared for a movement like the R1 group is still becoming. I understand that the politics and other more formal ways developments try to get approved have run into a mountain that they cannot control and probably have not seen recently in OUR community. I don't blame the other for continually being enraged at something they and the associates cannot understand or control. The other seems to have been in some position of prominence in the past, in OUR community, and when they are finding their current cause is in deep trouble, the other needs to strike out at folks like me who are brand new at this whole thing, I started out last summer dealing with all issues Ponte Vista and now I have to openly wonder how long the other has been involved.

Up until May 29, 2007, I tried to use back channels to work with the other on compromise. The other stuck, since last March with the proposal posted on this blog, while I was indeed "all over the map" in my communications with "Tom Field" to try and find our own compromise, "Tom Field" would not budge from the March proposal. That is not compromising in my book.

Folks, whether you believe me or not about anything, you have every right to never read this blog again. If you choose to never read this blog again, thank you for stopping by and I hope I have informed you and entertained you.

I started this blog last September on a whim and I will always marvel at where we all have gone.

Thank you,

Mark Wells.

A confession. I did enjoy writing my comments to the other's post. I plead guilty to writing when I think it is so much fun to do, and I get to comment on a post such as the other's, but only on this blog.

And another thing, I am an expert. The field I am an expert in deals with the installation and maintenance of communications wiring and equipment in homes, offices, and major installations. I do have a degree. It is a P.H.D. which I have earned. For all of you who don't know what a P.H.D. is, it stands for (San) Pedro High Diploma.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's hillarious. He's self-destructing on his own blog! The guy trys to portray himself as an innocent victim, but in reality is a wacko.
He even had a bit of a following, but I think they even see what he is really all about.