Friday, June 01, 2007

Odd and Ends 15

Howdy "trolls" as a certain blogger new derogatory name is for folks who want R1 at Ponte Vista. That certain blogger is not me, because I try my best not to call a massive number of thoughtful individuals in OUR community names they may not like.

Trivia time: Bob Bisno, in his most recent newsletter to his supporters finally stated some of his pricing structures for the units he intends to build at Ponte Vista. Mind you please, folks received this newsletter AFTER he announced that he is going to change his current proposal. The "trivial" part is that in that newsletter, and within the article he authored, was the number of units; 2300. Probably his article was written and printed before he changed his mind.

I know I have probably created too much writing about how condominium developments seem to have rentals or leased out units in them. But my pain killers kicked in quite nicely late last evening and I was able to spend more time on Google. Here is a list that deals with finding rental units in condominium developments. The numbers are not that big in terms of available condos for rent, but the list does demonstrate that there are Web sites dedicated to finding folks rental units in condominium developments. One more thing before I post the list is that there are currently 3 rentals available in condominium developments in San Pedro and 4 rental units available in Town Homes in San Pedro.

This is from 4Rent L.A. Most of the ads are for apartments, but the site also includes condos for rent.
www.4rentinla.com

http://la.oodle.com/housing/rent/condo/ This site is for condominiums that are to be rented out.
In the L.A. area there are 885 units available as of 5-29-07

Getarent.com http://www.getarent.com/

Westsiderentals.com

I have also saved three articles about condos becoming rentals, including one that suggests that folks should forget about buying a condominium and just rent one.

The petition gathering rolls to Albertson's in northwest San Pedro this weekend with stops both days from noon till 3:00 PM.

The second meeting for supporters of R1 will be Monday June 4, 2007 at the Peck Park Community Center, beginning at 7:00 PM.

The meeting will include more involvement by member/supporters of keeping Ponte Vista with its current zoning of R1 and we will all try as hard as we can to keep that meeting to the reasonable length of one hour long.

If you were born between 1946 and 1960 you belong to a particular generation. Unfortunately a certain individual has used the name of this generation as what appears to have a derogatory meaning; I don't know why the use of "baby-boomers and their hippies" is such a bad thing to be, but I have absolutely no problem with being called a "baby boomer" and I certainly have nothing at all against "hippies" and I don't know why anyone else still does.

To read some of the discussions I have found recently on this blog by folks other than me has been really refreshing. I leave everything open and folks discuss what they wish to discuss in the best way possible and they have been considerate, thoughtful, and teaching all of us how to better support OUR community.

We do not need to agree on anything, if we choose to. Recent comments to various posts have demonstrated that, but they also illustrated that we can agree to disagree with respect and understanding. We all learn from this form of democratic forms of discussion and debate and I hope it continues.

As we all head for June 18th and the "big reveal", we all might have our own ideas as to what that reveal will be. Some folks have said to me that since Jay Kim of the Department of Transportation suggested that the trip generations caused by a 2,300-unit Ponte Vista development might be about 12,253 cars per day, in HIS estimation, Bob may lower his numbers to get back to his original 9,212 vehicle daily trip generation, that was stated in the DEIR. I do take the daily trip generation of a 429-home, R1 Ponte Vista as 4,106 vehicles per day, as a proper predictor and as the lowest prediction of added traffic along Western. If that is the least number of cars for a residential developed Ponte Vista, I will need to learn to live with that.

Perhaps I am still goofy, but if somebody like the owner of a development company tells me something about what he is thinking when in a candid conversation with me, and he gives me facts and figures that are HIS prediction for HIS development, that tend to get me to believe that individual. There is a saying that is used when someone tells you their opinion or facts they used to determine something and I do not use this saying in any derogatory way; I tend to believe something when it comes "straight from the horse's mouth." That is why when Bob told me why 2300 was the number he first used, or how many bedrooms HE predicted for HIS 2300-unit development, I think that is something I could "take to the bank."

How about we all dream for the next 17 more days that the new plan for the Ponte Vista site at San Pedro will be for up to 429 beautiful, new single-family homes on lots of not less than 5,000 square feet in size. Yes it is only a dream, but good dreams are so much better than the nightmare we will learn of on or about June 18th.

No comments: