Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stuff and a comment

On March 23, 2007, Councilwoman Janice Hahn's office received 3,096 signatures on R1 petitions.

During tonight's steering committee meeting, it was revealed that there have been a total of 8,266 signatures gathered on R1 petitions. 5,170 signatures gathered in 2 months and 8 days deserves a pat on the backs of everyone who took the time and showed their interest in keeping the current zoning at Ponte Vista with NO COMPROMISE!

Update on June 2, 2007. Folks I screwed up, again. I counted as new a number of signatures that were actually copies of signatures intended for delivery to the Lomita City Council.
The actual total number of signatures gathered as of June 2, 2007 at 3:22 PM, and tabluated by the steering committee's own Bruce Horton, is 7,816 total signatures. This means that since March 23, 4,720 signatures have been added. I apologize for my unintentional error and in the furure, I will check with Bruce and only Bruce before I publish any new signature count.

It appears that in the last 71 days, 4,720 signatures were added to the R1 petitions. There seem to be, on average, nearly 66.5 signatures added each day in the drive to demand that Ponte Vista at San Pedro, remain with its current zoning. We need about 33 more days to collect the first 10,000 signatures.

The members of the steering committee of R Neighborhoods Are 1 thank everyone who has already signed the R1 petition and look forward to counting all the folks who have not yet had the opportunity to sign the petition.

The next petition signing event will this Saturday and Sunday from Noon till Three at the Albertson's in Northwest San Pedro.
_______________________________________________

The next meeting for supporters of R1 at the Ponte Vista site is going to be Monday, June 4, at 7:00 PM, at the Peck Park Community Center. All supporters of R1 at Ponte Vista are welcome and encouraged to become a bigger part in this growing movement.
_______________________________________________

On a sad note, Tom Field continues to attack me personally and this blog by using misstatements and untruths. He claimed that all the members of the steering committee and all the folks who are supporting R1 are doing so because they already own their own homes, and his implication is that we don't care about anyone else.

I wrote a comment on Tom's blog that he may choose not to use (censorship in my book) so I will include it here so as to not allow it to go unnoticed:

Tom,
Please stop misstating facts.

Not every member of the steering committee "owns" their own home. I know this is fact because I do not "own" the home I am living in.

I know at least one other member of the steering committee who does not "own" the home he is living in.

Homeowners Associations like the Crestwood HOA may have some members who do not "own" their condominium units they live in at the corner of Western Avenue and Summerland Drive.

I do not believe you know the rate of ownership versus rental at other condominium developments along Western that have HOAs, and at this point, neither do I.

Have you checked the HOAs of The Tennis Club, or Casa Verde Estates for example to see if their HOAs contain members who do not "own" the units they live in?

I did not want to have to write any more comments on this blog, but when you misstate facts and use my name, it seems you are continuing to attack me and/or my blog.

Tom, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! The kindness and courtesy shown to you, by me goes way beyond what many folks would do, and you know exactly what I mean!

Mark R. Wells

As I suspected Tom Field censored this comment from his post. Does anybody reading this comment see any threat in it? I don't. If someone could please tell me where any threat is, I'll take a deep look at it.

Tom got a really big jump in readership today. There may be a very good and simple reason for this large jump. My blog has never seen the numbers posted in one day than was posted on Tom's blog.

Well, if this means that my blog is dying, I think I predicted that early Tuesday morning. but if one person remains to visit this blog each day, I will continue to create posts.


_________________________________________________

Many supporters of R1 do own their own home, just like many of Bob's supporters. Whether home ownership is a qualification to support any side is ridiculous, in my book. Our home is our home, and your home is your home. To allow an out of town developer to come into OUR community and thrust his giant development on all of us is more than we should allow. There are enough new developments going up in other parts of OUR community and everyone knows it.

Believe in OUR community. Believe that we all have the strength to deal with our differences without having to misstate the facts, or the truth. We are better than that, I feel.

San Pedro is San Pedro. Like an island in a sea of over development, we have the power and the duty to keep this area from becoming like west Los Angeles already is. We have the need to provide for ourselves and our families the best traditions we had when we were growing up in this area. Let Bob build in another that already is gridlocked, but do not gridlock us so you can make a profit.

Somebody asked a friend of my what benefit he would receive from having a development that Bob Bisno proposes. My friend said he would get no benefit from anything Bob Bisno could build. My friend thought that leaving the zoning just the way it is, may not be the best, but it certainly is the not the worst that could happen. He said he thought if he couldn't have open space there, the he could only imagine R1.

All of you reading this might want to think about how any development at Ponte Vista would affect YOUR life and the lives of your loved ones. Unless you are very seriously planning on buying something at Ponte Vista, I don't see how anyone could benefit from anything other that complete open space or R1.

For those of you seriously planning on moving into Ponte Vista, it looks like your chances are going to get much slimmer now that Bob is going to make a new proposal. How does that make you feel?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I've illustrated the point long ago that "Tom" is a fake and he enjoys playing the victim even when we is attacking and insulting others. So now he has a place where he is in complete control of the environment. The man needs some psychotherapy. That's why I love messin' with him. In fact, I love it when he "moderates" me.

Your Friend,
Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I meant to write "when HE is attacking..." not "WE is attacking".

Anonymous said...

tonight i had the misfortune of trying to get down western at 6:00
p.m. it took 7 minutes to crawl from green hills to finally pass trudie. i was cut off 7 times by people who are all too frustrated to wait turning onto or off of weetern. bob cannot be allowed to make it even worse with the project he proposes. playing with the lights will change nothing.

Anonymous said...

A clear illustration of my point about "Tom".
Go check out "Toms" blog, he clearly discounts and insults Anon's observation on traffic conditions on Western. I think he even referred to Anon as "incredibly self-centered". I guess he should moderate himself!