Monday, July 02, 2007

L.A. Port Watch

I have added a link to L.A. Port Watch on this blog.

I have read every topic option on the site and have found it to be very informative, with many, many items listed on the "news" icon.

The site is run by Gene Kininmonth. I don't know if Mr. Kininmonth was active in rowing Crew, but I was a member of the Freshman 8 Crew at Cal State Long Beach eons ago and I will always remember how difficult the training and racing were, but how much fun we had.

L.A. Port Watch has a sister site, L.B. Port Watch which can be linked to from the site. I was pleased to see so much news and information available on the site.

With all the things going on at the Port, I strongly feel that pollution controls should be as strong as possible. Goods come and go from this port. Cruise Ship passengers stay for only a short period at the port, if they even stay that long. We live here, shop, here, many of us work here. It is very important to me and so many others that we demand ways to clean up the environment in and around the Port of L.A.

It appears that L.A. Port Watch supports a cleaner environment than we have now, while still supporting the growth and strength of the port.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5,000 units for Ponte Vista!