Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Once Upon A Time, Last September

Once upon a time, last September, I started this blog. I did it to interest me first and to try and provide information, comment, opinion, and ideas from others about Ponte Vista at San Pedro.

I feel my "trial" with this blog has been so much more successful than even my wife could have imagined.

Just think, someone was so disturbed by this blog, they felt they needed to start a blog, just to counter this blog's facts, opinion, ans comments. Of course the other blogger would disagree with why he/she/they created their blog, but that is their opinion.

The other blogger seems to think the majority of attacks coming on this blog are about "him".
How can somebody be attacked if they are essentially anonymous to begin with.

Somebody who won't reveal their true identity shouldn't feel personally attacked because nobody knows who they really are.

Suppose I hadn't revealed that I also use M Richards, Ned, Gus, and Sven Ludvquist O'Brien as aliases? Do you think I would get offended if those fictitious persons were attacked? Of course not. When someone uses a name that is not their own and/or hides behind anonymity, they should not feel attacked, I believe.

When I started this blog, I wrote that it would be "all things Ponte Vista". In my mind, if Bob is trying to market homes to union members, teachers, seniors within OUR community and elsewhere, or there are significant issues relating, in part, to Ponte Vista, I believe they deserve inclusion within this blog.

What might happen to Bob's plans for Ponte Vista if at some point in the future, many of the operations of the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach were moved south of our nation's border? This is just one example of why I choose to cover things other than just Ponte Vista on this blog.

Now about that other blog. As I read in its beginning, it was created in large part to counter this blog. That flatters me. I do not need to debate with the other blogger about who has more correct facts, because I have plenty of reference materials to back up the facts I use and am quite willing to answer anyone and everyone, if they ask.

I have learned, and it continues to this day that, the other blogger and blog attacks me, using my real name. I cannot possibly "attack" the true identity and personhood of the other blogger because he/she/they continue to hide behind a false name that they even had to do some surreptitious doings to have a letter to the editor in the Daily Breeze. How sneaky and underhanded is that???

I guess I have helped create a monster. Perhaps that is what would have happened anyway, because some folks are scared or alarmed with the success and openness of this blog.

Welcoming ideas, opinions, and comment from others about many issues on this blog have helped it grow. Not using moderation (censorship) probably has allowed visitors to comment without fear that there words will be pre-judged before publication by someone who seems to need to have ultimate control.

What happens when the publication of thoughts, comments, and ideas are controlled by one person? What does it also say that the moderator won't even allow us to know their true identity, for reasons that are foggy at best? What does the other blogger stand to gain or lose by using their true identity?

I do read the other blog. I haven't made comment on it without using my "M Richards" or "MW", and will continue to not make comment on that blog.

If you choose to read that blog, then that is fine. I wish to allow for no more weight to be given to that blog and/or that blogger because of the use of anonymity and moderation on that blog.

You may speculate on the true identity of the other blogger. You can speculate that they are part of the Bisno organization, a paid Blogger, a lobbyist for Bob, a member of one of Bob's Advisory Boards, or anyone else for that matter. If the blogger remains hidden in the shadows, why give him/her/them credence, or attribute anything positive on that blog?

Since I can't tell you who "XXX" really is, why should I imagine that you should believe or follow "XXX"?

It is true that I did try to discuss compromise with the other blogger and for a spell of time, it seemed friendly enough. But since the other blogger finally came up with the proposal first found on this blog, the other blogger has not moved one inch more toward compromise. That seems to me to be more like Bob than a true compromisor, don't you think?

The other blogger posted his/her/their original and current proposal in March. I tried until May 29 to discuss compromising between that original proposal and what I had been proposing. Like Bob, the other blogger was unwilling to try and find some total number between the blogger's proposal and my former plan. If the other blogger still clings to the original proposal, what does that say about the value of that proposal?

From March and it seems today, the other blogger demands no compromise to the proposal first set forth on this blog, back in March, it seems to me. Even Bob attempted to find a compromise.

If you want to attack the other blogger by name, go ahead. It isn't his real identity anyway. Why should the real human hiding behind a false identity feel bad that the fictional character is being attacked, the real person has nothing to lose, perhaps.

Of course, if or when we learn the true identity of "XXX" we may learn more about how bad things really are, concerning Ponte Vista, and why some have to hide their true identity. Isn't that shameful?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. M. Richards,

I visit this wonderful blog on a regularly basis because I find it very informative and many times educational regarding the issues at Ponte Vista, specifically traffic. I also enjoy/respect reading individual comments even though I don’t agree with their opinions. Most importantly, I like the fact that NO comments or opinions are ever deleted in this blog. Keep up the outstanding work!!!

Anonymous said...

Anon 9:54, I second that! Great blog Mark.

The 'other guy' not only moderates, but lies about what he is moderating.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! There have even been times when I have criticized Mark and he has left the comment up ALWAYS. It takes a bigger man to accept dissention/opposition to his opinions.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July - On July 4, 1776 we claimed our independence from Britain and Democracy was born. The United States “land of the free and the home of the brave” is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic people.

Happy Birthday, America!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh Mark! You are my hero! I'll do anything for you. Can I help you mix the Kool-Aid?

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely Tom Fields posting the comments above anonymously. Look at the site meter IP numbers. The same IP that made the 2 comments above posted Tom's last article. It is obviously a very pathetic attempt to make Mark moderate. And if Mark calls him out on it, (like I just did), Tom can claim Mark is being paranoid. A win/win for Tom. Pathetic. And I know what Tom moderates. Questions like "Can Ponte Vista get a LEEDs certification if remains R1?" Deleted....twice.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! How clever of you Anonymous 11:05! You figured out the main server for Cox Communications. Oh my, how intelligent! I'm just going to cream myself it is so exciting. Oh! Oh! Oh!

Yes. I confess. It is me, Tom. Please come over to my blog and make more clever deductions. I would so love it to have your comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

The writing style is obvious. Tom is in total meltdown mode.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. It's me. Now all you assholes are literary geniuses and able to analyze "styles". I confess. So sorry. I'm having a meltdown because I'm on so many meds like our dear leader Mark Wells. Please help. Make the voices go away!

Anonymous said...

Why are you so angry?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 4:51pm

no, you bitch, it's me! i'm the real Tom Field.

God has spoken to ME! I know what is best for San Pedro.

Anonymous said...

NO! YOU'RE ALL LYING! I'M TOM. REALLY. I CAN PROVE IT.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You people are ALL idiots. Fighting over what?

You can't even get people out to vote for their local neighborhood council.

344 voters, out of how many residents? 20,000 plus. What a joke!

Anonymous said...

Man. This is funny. "Tom" has really lost it now! His blog is dead. Nobody likes him. Wah Wah Wah...sniff sniff.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It is funny! I'm a strong R1 supporter, Mark is a good writer and can be informational and comical, but I keep coming back to these blogs because Tom keeps it so amusing. He is a real loose nut.

He turns the moderation on and off a dozen times, totally berates people for the smallest of things, posts people's private email, and deletes anything that he can't justify in his little mind. He plays the victim, calls for civility, and attacks and curses in the same post. Better than reality TV!

Anonymous said...

Anon 7:26, the fact that only 344 individuals voted is what we call Democracy in America.

Thanks to the 344 individuals who decided for the majority, 20,000 plus residents. This usually is the case at any local, City, State or National election. I don’t like it anymore than you do, but that’s reality! Any suggestions how to increase participatory democracy?

M Richards said...

PLEASE PEOPLE, we should all be above having to resort to foul language. You may not like the other blogger, but I would like this blog to keep its higher standard of allowing open and honest comment without needing to resort to moderation to keep the foul language away.

Let us show the other blogger that we are bigger than that and we can disagree with anyone and everyone if we choose to, without using foul words.

Kara, you make a good point and thank you for letting me know about the "place holder" photographs. There are many great views of sites in Central and I hope those will be featured on Central's site, soon.

I do not think, however that showing photos of things that are not within the boundaries of Central is a great choice. It can look like the site is advertising things that can't be seen from anywhere in Central's area. If folks want to include things not in their area, then why don't the three Neighborhood Councils just create one Council for all of San Pedro? I am asking that hypothetically, because I already know the answer.

In my attempts to have all three N.C.s having quality sites and be more alike, is not divisive, I feel. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that one of the three N.C.s needs a lot of work done, so that it can better serve its constituents.

I know the officers and board members are all volunteers, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse, in my opinion. We should serve the organizations we chose to serve as best as possible, or leave positions we should no remain in.

Now I will wait for folks to think that was my case when I was a member of the CAC, but the majority of the remaining members of the CAC said I should not have left that group.

Working for better and safer traffic in R.P.V. now takes up some of my volunteer time I used to give to the CAC, and I think I am doing a decent job in my new position.

Folks, I don't think anyone needs to slam the other blogger on this blog. I wish you would just ignore that other blog or Email me directly with your thoughts. The other blog was established, in great part to counter this blog, and if you do not feel this blog needs to be countered, then forget about that other blog, please.

I get enough trash writing for that other blog, I think we are better than that on this blog and so many of you have proven it and continue to prove it, every day.

Bob won't listen and what makes you think the other fellow will if he hasn't changed his stance since last March?

Don't try and change the unchangeable. I tried and I failed. If I couldn't get the other fellow to change, what makes you all think you can make him/her/them change.

Any anonymous claiming to be the other blogger on this blog must not be believed!!! If "XXX" doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to let me know his true identity, then why would anyone give any credance to anyone else claiming to be "XXX"?

I feel the other blogger needs to be in control of every surrounding and circumstance. That is sad, but I think if you ignore the other blogger, whatever is spewed on that blog will soon be forgotten.

Why believe any fact, statement, or opinion from that other blogger when you don't really know the circumstances in which those "facts, atatements,and opinions" were created?

Sure the other blogger can quote sources, so can I.
MW

Anonymous said...

sure you can quote a source when your aren't all strung out on yout meds. But then, is the source accurate? Hell, I could inverview the homeless bum on the corner and get a "source"

Just give it up Wells. You've got a group of fanatics who just get themselves in a rage with no connection with reality.

We'll see in year who had the better grasp on th situation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

5,000 units for Ponte Vista!